Permission slips, forms, CDE signup and money is due by Feb. 11th – deadline is firm.
11th/12th grade – materials due Feb. 11th : job description, cover letter, resume
Novice Employment Skills
10th grade – materials due Feb. 11th : job description, cover letter, resume
Agriscience Fair – completed experiments- by Feb. 11th
Prepared Public Speaking – Manuscript due by Feb. 11th
Division I – Team of 4 – Sophomores
Division II – Team of 4 – Juniors & Seniors
Division II – Individual Sophomores
Division III – Individual Juniors & Seniors
Team Division II – Team of two 10th/11th/12th graders
- Topics must be related to Agriculture or FFA
- Presentation time is 5-10 minutes
- Contestations will have 5 minutes for set up. Help from advisors/students is permissible.
- All Contestants must report to their event area 15 minutes prior to their assigned start time to check in. Failure to report will result in disqualification.
- FFA Official Dress must be worn. Aprons/Coveralls may be worn over official dress.
- Use of live animals must be approved by the State Advisor prior to convention. Students must arrange transportation for their animal to the Convention – day of event only
- Show specific skill in handling the subject and in coping with unexpected.
- Have a completed product to show
- How to buy a horse on a budget
- PPE – Pre-purchase evaluation
- Horse Grooming
- Dog Grooming
- Wrapping leg (horse)
- Docking tails – issues, information (hair vs wool), methods, how to
- Castration methods
- Physical exam on an animal
- Restraining an animal
- Declawing a cat- issues, information, and how to
- Fiber – skirt, wash, card, spin (show Baaay State Blanket)
- How to make and use a drop spindle
- Making cheese
- DNA Extraction